“Do you need anything?”
Kind hearted souls often ask us….
“Do you need anything?” Yes, we do, but not what you might think. When we think of helping those who are homeless, we often think of providing them with food or clothing or toiletries–maybe even a tent. But when we ask guests at the House what they need we hear a different answer.
More than anything our guests need shelter—a roof over their heads. Beyond this immediate need our guests need help with mental or physical problems, they are disabled and need help getting social security, they need help with substance abuse problems, they need help with basic life skills, they need a job, and ultimately they dream of a place of their own. Food, clothing, and such things are not usually the problem. More than a hand-out, our guests need and want tools to help them achieve self-sufficiency. Our goal is to encourage self-respect and independence not dependence.
We do have a few things we need (listed below) but mostly we need two things: your prayers for us and financial contributions to help us keep the doors open. Homeless shelters don’t stay open because people donate clothing or food but because of the prayers and financial support of a generous community. So if you can help us, thanks.
- $35 for one guest to stay one night at the Guesthouse
- $140 for a family of four to stay one night
- $300 to pay the electric bill for two months
- $1,600 for salary for our case worker for four weeks
- $3,000 be a Guesthouse saint!
- $5,000 be a Guesthouse angel!
Give one-time or setup recurring giving using your credit/debit card or bank account. All donations are tax-deductible. Powered and secured by Tithe.ly.
Or mail a check to: St. Luke’s Guesthouse, 141 Main Street, Southbridge, MA 01550
- Plastic trash bags 20 gallon
If you are able to donate one of these items they can be dropped off at our office Monday, Wed, Thur, Fri from 8:30-4:30pm or Tuesdays 8:30-2:30pm. Call ahead to be sure we are open (774-230-6416) and to check and see if we are still in need of the item. For questions about donations please use the “Contact” page on our website. (Last updated 5/1/18)
- Pray for our guests, for their safety and good health
- Pray for our guests, that they would make progress in becoming self-sufficient
- Pray for the Guesthouse and its staff, that we are able to continue this work
- Pray for our community that we might join together to help those who are homeless
- Pray for those who are still out on the street